Saturday, June 16, 2012

Double Rainbow Message


Whenever I see a rainbow, especially a double rainbow, I stop and gaze at the beauty of God's creation and ponder His great and precious promises to us. It renews our hope to dwell on the promises He has given us so abundantly. I like to read my Bible every day and read until He speaks to my heart. I had read Psalm 90:17 in my Bible one rainy April day about how God promises to bestow His favor on His people. In the Amplified Bible it says not only His favor but His grace, beauty, and delight are upon us also. Wow! I rewrote it as a prophetic word to God's beloved people.
I AM the Lord Your God and I place My favor, grace, beauty, and delight
upon you like wings overshadowing, encamping, hovering or dwelling over you
like a mighty fortress or a strong tower
to establish the work of your hands.
I AM your dwelling place 24/7.
I AM satisfaction for your heart.
I give you songs of love and gratitude
and make you want to dance for joy.
Live LIFE abundantly for
My favor is upon you, says the Lord.

That rainy night was our weekly home group meeting and one of my boys ran in and yelled, "Mom! There's a double rainbow! Quick, come and see it!" We jumped up and ran out the door and it had almost completely faded by the time I grabbed my cell phone for a photograph. I had to capture the moment because I just knew that double rainbow was a message for me confirming the word God gave me that day.

This is me and "my" double rainbow! 
Look closely to see the double rainbow in the sky! 4.19-12



1 comment: